Jared Letos Oscar Speech

It was amazing and loving and wonderful!


Here it is:

To my fellow nominees. I'm so proud to stand alongside you and to the Academy. Thank you.

In 1971. Bossier City, Louisiana. A teenage girl finds out she's pregnant with her second child. She's a high school drop out. A single mom. But against all odds, she manages to make a better life for herself and her children. She teaches them to be creative. To work hard. And reach for the impossible. That girl is my mother and she's here tonight. Mom, I love you thank you for teaching me to dream.

To my brother, Shannon. Thank you for sharing the incredible adventure with me that is Thirty Seconds to Mars. You are a true artist and the best big brother in the world.

To all the dreamers around the world watching this right now, from the Ukraine to Venezuela - We think of you as you struggle to bring to life the dreams that fill your heart. The impossible is possible, and we believe.

To the amazing Focus Features, Jean Marc. Matthew. Jennifer. The entire Dallas Buyers team. Mick Sullivan. Jim Toth. Robin Baum. Jason Weinberg. Emma Ludbrook and Cali Adams. Thank you for the faith.

This is for the 36 million brave souls who lost their lives to AIDS.

And to anyone who ever felt injustice because of who they are or who they love. Tonight, I stand before the world, with you and for you.


2 comments:

Bamawhitney said...

What I can't believe is the whole time i watched the movie, I thought, he looks familiar, but I never looked up who the actor was to know it was Jared until I watched the pre-show tonight. Great speech!

Living Life in the Lowcountry said...

I love him!